7/1/08

My vision becomes a reality... Part 1

With the design of the seats now firmly in mind, the next task was having them reupholstered to match my vision. I contacted a couple local upholstery shops and they wanted to bend me over the sewing table to make my ideas come to life.

I was just about to skuttle the custom interior idea until a friend I had met on the set of WE ARE MARSHALL when we were part of the vintage car extras for the film began telling me about the shop that had done the interior for his Rambler convertible. I placed a call to the shop and drove up the next weekend to check out his facilities and other examples of his work. Once I saw some of the work he had done and talked with him a bit, I knew I had found the one to handle the task.... if the price was right! After he showed me different materials and I made my selections, I told him I would go back home and e-mail him dimensions of the buckets and rear seat cushions so he could figure materials and labor.


































Needless to say, two weeks later I was loading the seats into my brother's pick-up and heading to Parkersburg, WV to deliver the seats for upholstery. Before I loaded the buckets, I removed all the hard plastic panels so I could clean them good and redye them black myself and install new chrome edging around the panels. Above are a few before shots prior to loading. The seats were dropped off a couple weeks before Thanksgiving and I got them back just after New Years ('07).

Below are a few shots of the reupholstered buckets... they turned out better than I had imagined and once I get the hard panels back on, I think they'll really make my car stand apart. Next installment I'll show the rear seat installed back into the car.


































Hope you like it so far because I'm loving it!

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: