7/20/08

Flooring.... Part 1

I decided to start with the trunk floor first since it was the easiest to access (I hadn't pulled the interior yet). After removing the asphalt sound deadener pad, the filler neck cover, the body drain panels and moving the fuel level sending unit wiring harness out of the way, I mounted a maroon 3 1/2" Scotch Bite pad to my angle head grinder and set to work.

Really it was pretty quick and easy to remove the paint and surface rust from the trunk floor and wheelhouse. A couple things were accomplished starting on the "hidden" aspects of the body... first I got used to maneuvering the disc into different areas to get at the tight spots and it also allowed me to learn how to keep the disc moving so I didn't overheat the sheetmetal. The second aspect would be critical as I stated stripping the backside of the quarter panels and the tail panel so I wouldn't warp any exterior metal! Here are a couple before and during shots....






























































To keep this and future entries short, I'll pick up the stripping of the interior floor next installment. Stay tuned........

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: