7/21/08

Flooring.... Part 2

With the trunk stripped, I moved to the interior. After removing the seats, carpeting, seat belts, carpet underlayment, wiring harnesses and drain plugs, I vacuumed the loose debris and got ready to go to town with the Scotch Brite pad.

On the subject of the Scotch Brite pads, remember to keep them moving in a wide area to prevent heat build up and potential sheetmetal warpage and they tend to wear away quickly on rough and irregular surfaces. If memory serves me correctly, I went through two and a half boxes of (50?) pads stripping the floor, trunk, damaged sail panel and roof area, the windshield and rear glass openings as well as using them to removed the trace particles of paint after using the paint stripper on the body. Oops, there I go again getting ahead of my story... more on that later!

Stripping the interior floor was just a bit more challenging with the various contours, reinforcements and brackets but nothing that wasn't easily figured out. Here are a few before and during shots of the interior floor....























































With the floor and trunk stripped I moved on to the body. Next installment I'll pull the exterior trim, glass, ornaments, lights, etc in preparation for stripping the body. More to come....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: