11/26/17

Details 88....

FINALLY a bit of progress!

After messing with the oil/water traps in the blast booth for a bit (have been neglected for years and I need to order some additional pieces)...





















I attached a longer air hose to the blast cabinet air line and pulled it into the blast booth and attached it to my new sand blast gun.






















Was able to get about half of the underside of the deck lid blasted before running out of sand...















so next weekend I'll be vacuuming up and sifting the sand in the blast booth before wrapping up the deck lid and moving on to the next piece.

I also blasted a few parts in the blast cabinet before calling it a day.

I guess the problem with my old sandblaster was that it was just wore out after may years of faithful service. I also converted my new gun from a siphon tube style to siphoning the sand from the bottom outlet of my old sandblaster hopper. Was working really well until the sand was depleted....

Fingers crossed that I get the deck lid finished and can get started blasting on the LAST major piece of sheet metal... the driver side front fender.

Until next episode...

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: