11/5/17

Details 85....

Well after having a very unproductive October, had a bit of progress this weekend... we got the rear brakes bled, the wheels back on and the Torino is ready to set down on the ground.

I then moved into the blast booth and fought with the sandblaster. Seems I forgot to turn off my air line the last time I blasted and both water traps were full of water. I drained them both but evidently there was still moisture in the air lines because I could not get the media to get siphoned into the blasting pickup line, so I reverted to the old scotch-brite pad on the angle head as well as the DA to get the remaining paint off the top side of the deck lid.














I did use the sandblaster to blow off the decklid once and the media started to be picked up, so I was able to do a bit of sandblasting on the remaining paint until I stopped to answer my phone. Once I finished and resumed trying to blast, evidently the moisture had built back up in the line so I had to revert back to manual stripping. Need to check on perhaps getting new desiccant for the Sharpe water traps???

Next weekend, I'll flip over the deck lid and blast (hopefully!!) underside and then start on the driver side front fender. Once the fender is clean, all body sheet metal will be stripped and I can protect and prep it all with a coating of Ospho until the Tomato is back into the body shop.

I like the sound of that!!!

Stay tuned....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: