11/12/17

Details 86....

Well another unproductive weekend, but I think I've found the solution to my sandblasting problem.

Another weekend trying to blast that was filled with frustration. I drained the air compressor as well as the air line filters into the blast booth, but could not get the sand to pick up. Then I remembered the disposable water trap I had installed on my paint gun, so I removed it from the paint gun and attached it to the blast gun air line and the media began to flow!

Got about 1/3 of the seam sealer blasted from the underside of the decklid before the media stopped flowing.....














I called O'Reilly's and ordered two filter elements for the Sharpe oil/water traps installed on the hard lines and will make a run to Harbor Freight this week to buy a couple of their inline desiccant dryer/filters to see how well they perform at resolving my moisture issues.

I also noticed some areas on the underside of the decklid that Ford missed as well as the 2B respray a few years ago..













Seems with the decklid mounted on the car, it must be difficult to see to hit the backside of the rearward decklid bracing. I'll make sure mine gets painted as all the body panels will be painted off the car and rehung during final assembly.

Well hopefully next weekend will be much more productive and I'll get the Tomato that much closer to going to the body shop for final fit and finish.

Fingers crossed!

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: