6/20/08

My eBay purchase

I bought my "new" Gran Torino in November 2004 on eBay and had it shipped across country in an enclosed trailer from from Spokane, Washington to Ohio. The car is extremely solid, there is no glass rattle when you close the doors, and they shut like new. The only rust I found when stripping the car was a spot smaller than a playing card low on the passenger front fender ahead of the rocker panel where leaves collected and rusted out the body from behind. This car still had its original factory dual exhaust! The odometer only shows 29,872 miles, but the speedometer has been disconnected for years. Steve Casteel, Mr. Torino and the guy I bought it from, estimated it at under 60,000 miles based upon the other cars he has had.

Here are some pics of the car as purchased and shipped:























































Well that's it for this installment. Next time she arrives and the transformation begins....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: