7/26/20

07/25/20 Update....

WOW, two updates in a month... been a while since I've been able to do that!! LOL

The weekend of the 18th I had to go up to the Cleveland for an EMG and doctor's appointment at the Cleveland Clinic, so I didn't get a chance to work on anything Torino related. But on my way back from the appointment on Monday I got a text from the upholstery shop that they had my rear seat finished, so as we headed home from Cleveland on Tuesday, I swung by and picked it up.....




















While it's not 100% to my liking, it better than it was...













since it's the back seat and not too many people will be up close and personal with it, it will suffice until I have the interior redone in leather at a later date. Have learned to go over EVERYTHING with a fine tooth comb before accepting and paying for a completed project!!!

So this weekend, I took the seat over to the dealership and dropped it off and while I was there, I took my grille down to the wash rack, washed it good (lots of nooks and crannies in that egg crate grille!!) and then took it apart for repairing and detailing.

















I have one crack to the top center that had been repaired unsuccessfully in the past that I must readdress before getting too far along it its restoration, so I added a couple layers of masking tape to try and keep the grille together so the crack wouldn't advance any further until I can get it repaired...


















So until next time...

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: