2/5/17

Details 63....

Well January was another disappointing month! Not a lot to report being accomplished, but there was a few more baby steps....

Was bitterly cold upstairs at the dealership the first weekend of January, but I was able to pick up the powder coated collector and some touch up material...





















got the transmission pan straightened, repainted and reinstalled























pulled the masking tape off the wheel houses























and removed the low temp convoluted harness wrap and started recovering the harnesses with the higher temp wrap... until my fingers got numb and I called it a day!

I took the engine harness home and finished rewrapping it....















then installed it back on the engine the following weekend.



















I also got the main engine compartment harness wrapped that goes from the battery to the bulkhead connector...























and discovered how Ford was able to hit the harness mounting holes that were stamped into the sheetmetal.... the mounting clips were stapled to a plastic runner at the correct intervals!















The following weekend was another baby step weekend.... nothing major to report being completed but I did get the passenger side header powder coating touched up so I can FINALLY get the headers completed and tightened into place.




















I pulled out the charcoal filter assembly and got it broken down so I can clean up the canister and the corrugated paper hose to the air cleaner (looks like the canister should clean up pretty nicely)























and started unwrapping and cleaning the driver side main harness in the engine compartment. I also fired up the Fiero and looked at getting the Fairlane started and running as she should.

The first weekend of February I was able to get the passenger side header completely installed...

















the NOS wiper mechanism cowl drain mounted...
















and started rewrapping the second engine compartment harness. Put the battery charger on the Fairlane wagon and spun her over a few times, but she wouldn't hit, so I'll try again next playday in two weeks (gotta work next weekend).

Until next installment.......

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: