9/24/16

Details 54....

Today I set about removing the driver side collector to see if it would work on the passenger side and vise-a-versa. Well the driver side collector fit onto the passenger side once rolled 180 degrees and got the collector off the transmission pan....























































but the passenger side collector mounted on the driver side had the same problem as on the passenger side, the collector was right against the pan! I spoke with Kenny at Crites last week and he said whatever I needed to get collector correct he would be happy to oblige, so I guess I'll have him make me another driver side collector, rotate it 180 degrees and then install the tabs in the correct location to mount it on the passenger side and leave off the three hole collector flange. I'll also need to order a new V-band flange to weld to the collector once it arrives.

I then trimmed the silicone off the AC idler pulley...

















siliconed the beauty plate onto the other idler pulley...

















got the transmission yoke unmasked...

















and set the crank and fan pulleys aside for install.





















I also painted the various engine brackets for the AC, alternator and power steering before loading the Ford slot mags into the car to take to machine shop to have the old center cap hardware drilled out and the holes plug welded before having them polished up nice and purdy!

Didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked, but I did make a little headway!

Until next time....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: