5/1/16

Details 38....

Well on Friday, I picked up my headers from Kustom Koatings LLC who applied a ceramic coating (titanium color) to them and they really look great!
























Saturday was another day of blasting and I also applied a coating of Eastwood Rust Converter to the inside of my wife's little garden cart (like a wheelborrow) in preparation to hitting it with some bedliner. I blasted the outside of the cart and used a Scotch-Brite pad to scuff the paint and rust on the inside of the bed. This is the first time I've actually used the Rust Converter on rust (typically I blast to bare metal) and it seems to be doing the trick. Kinda looks like metal blueing as it transforms the metal & rust... goes from white to purple and continues to get darker and darker until it dries to a flat black color.



















Going to try it on some blasted parts for our lawn mower then hit them with some satin polyurethane to see how they look. May do some of my engine fasteners this way rather than painting them.... I'll post results.

No comments: