6/14/14

Blasted... part 16

Finished blasting the core support....






















then I moved the core support out of the booth and set about vacuuming up 100lbs or so of sand, sifting it and refilling the hopper. I then moved the passenger side fender into the booth to start stripping the paint and light rust from the backside.....






















































































































Was able to get about 90% done because I had to fight the sand blaster all day. I thought perhaps it was moisture in the air supply but as the day progressed the air pressure kept getting lower and lower. I thought perhaps the nozzle might be partially plugged so I pulled it apart but it was clear, so I hooked my air nozzle to the line to blow out the tip and back feed the gun and I had exceptional air pressure so I knew there was a problem with the blast gun. I removed the sand feed line and blew it out, then I discovered the problem..... the blast gun trigger had backed it self almost completely out of the housing so when I pulled the trigger, it was only slightly cracking the air feed. So I tightened it securely, reassembled the blast gun and tried it..... PERFECT.

Had I found the problem earlier in the day I could have maybe gotten both fenders cleaned. Oh well, there's always next weekend!

Until then.....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: