5/31/14

Front suspension... part 2 / Rear end... part 4 / Blasted... part 15

I was gonna go a different route removing the spring on the passenger side but I figured since it worked on the drivers side, I'd just go ahead and do it the same way.

The spring compressor was dropped down thru the shock opening...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
the other spring grip was inserted from below, threaded onto the rod, positioned around the coils and the spring compressed to remove pressure from LCA.. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
a safety chain was installed on the spring and the LCA dropped away...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
then the spring was slowly released into a box of empty boxes to absorb the remaining pressure.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With the spring removed, the rest of the suspension components were removed. Here is the LAST REMOVABLE PIECE BEING LIFTED AWAY. All that remains intact is the body mounted to the frame.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are all the front suspension parts laid out awaiting blasting, disassembly, repair, detailing and reassembly. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The carrier was rebuilt, reassembled and new bearings installed on the axles...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 With the front suspension parts removed, I finished sand blasting the front end of the frame....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While I had the sand blaster out again, I started blasting the core support....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(OOPS MISSED A SIDE!)  but the hopper ran dry, it was hard to get the support illuminated so I could see what I was doing and I was wringing wet with sweat, so I called it a day and headed home.
 
Next weekend I'll continue to sand blast the items too large for the blast cabinet and then once I have everything blasted it will be time to clean all the sand from the nooks and crannies and start painting the chassis and underbody of the car. I am really looking forward to the start of final prep and reassembly!!

Stay tuned.............

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: