3/8/14

Blasted... Part 8

OH HELL YEAH!

Added a longer section of air inlet hose, changed the pivot bolts on my work light to wing bolts and nuts to allow for easier light adjustment, donned my blasting garb, filled the hopper with sand and positioned it so I wouldn't get wrapped up in the lines, plugged in the work light and got it set up to illuminate my initial work area, attached the air hose to the blast gun, rolled under the car and pulled the trigger....

TWO HOURS OF NON-STOP BLASTING AND THE FLOOR WAS 90% CLEAN












































































































The blaster worked flawlessly! She was in the sweet spot the entire time and as I was blasting, the surface rust and grime blasted away cleanly and I was laying there thinking that if I could now get my protective garb to work as nice as the blaster did not, I wouldn't mind doing this for a living! LOL

I was able to get the drivers side frame rail cavity and rocker and the passenger side of the floor from the firewall cleaned before I exhausted the supply of sand in the hopper. For two hours the only limitation to my progress was me getting into a new position to easily see what I was doing and to try and stay out of the ricocheting sand stream. Could definately use a few more inches of clearance under there!

Next week, my plan is to finish cleaning the passenger side frame rail, frame cavity and rocker and finish up in the rear axle hump before attacking the rear wheelwells. Once that is all done, I'll bring the rear end back into the blast booth and clean it good before starting the teardown for rebuild and detailing before tackling the frame forward of the firewall and the front suspension components.

All in all a very productive and fullfilling day! I LOVE PLAY DATES LIKE THIS!!!

More to come....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: