8/23/08

Parts Search..... Part 1

Sorry for the delay in posting this installment. Would love to say it was because I was extremely busy working on the 2M8O, but that's not the case. I've had my 16 year old daughter Emily for most of August, during her summer vacation, and I realized that pretty soon she's not going to want to spend as much time with her ole Dad as she did when she was younger, so I made a concerted effort to spend as much of my off time as I could doing things with Em that hopefully would be as valuable to her as it was for me. Out next big endeavour will be finding her FIRST car together! She's wanting a Ford Focus or a VW Jetta so hopefully we can find a nice used one to start her off with. Wish me luck!!

As I was stripping the trunk, the interior floor and the body, I was also searching for the major and minor options that the TV car had as well as those to replace the original options my car had but had been removed over the course of time. One of the options I was able to snag early was a complete AC System from the firewall evaporator box forward. I was also able to get an operational Power Window and Power Driver's Side Split Bench System from a guy in Minnesota that was parting out a '76 Cougar. I got the complete systems that included all the wiring harnesses, brackets, clips, bushings, hardware, etc. so it will hopefully be a matter of just "plugging and playing". Time will tell!

I contacted John Haney at BlueOval to see if he had any floor shift tilt steering columns for a Torino. He said he had a couple column shift tilt units but no floor shift models. He told me the tilt wasn't offered with bucket seats and a floor shift tilt column was pretty rare. I asked him if it were possible to modify a column shift tilt unit into a floor shift model and he said they had tried several times without success. I thought there had to be a way to do it, so I went ahead and purchased one of the column shift units to try my hand at the conversion.

I also picked up on eBay a complete Motorola Micor multi-channel Police radio system that included the head unit, speaker, cables and trunk mounted transmitter, a Southern Products magnetic teardrop revolving red light and a Federal Signal siren controller w/PA and a Dynamax 100W speaker.

Well that's it for now, but watch for more coming soon!

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: