3/19/17

Details 68...

A bit more progress... the carb rebuild kit nor my new sheers have arrived yet so I needed to find additional tasks to do.

The NOS parking brake release arrived last week, so the first order of business was to get that installed....
















and wrapped to protect it until installation.

Next up was to trim away the excess Gorilla glue from the bulkhead connector seal...



















and fill any remaining cracks with RTV...


















before spraying it with the first coat of Plasti Dip.





















From there, Jim helped me put the hood up on the stand in the blast booth and then I masked off the seams between the underhood bracing and the exterior sheetmetal (to keep as much sand as possible out of the the bracing)...


















and then proceeded to sandblast it.













the blasting also revealed the factory grease pencil marks....

















I know the 9D is paint code (Polar White) but not sure about the 789??

At first I was trying to get everything, but then I realized the factory red oxide primer was on pretty good and tough to get off so I decided to leave it and just knock of the body color. The remaining red oxide should offer a pretty good base for the new primer and finish coat to adhere to.

Once finished with the underside, Jim helped me flip it over so I can knock off the top side paint next weekend.















But before I could leave, I noticed I almost had a flat tire on my driver, so we pulled it in and Jim broke it down and removed the culprit.... a very small piece of metal had just barely penetrated the tire in one of the tread grooves. Amazing how something so tiny could have stood up and pushed it's way thru the tread!



















Until next episode............

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: