7/31/16

Details 48...



Well a day of regression.... was getting my all my stuff together to mount my harmonic balancer and guess what I found in the Ziploc bag will all the hardware and woodruff key? The damn oil slinger for the timing chain! Jumped on line to see if it was a necessity and a couple of the sites I trust both said "don't forget to reinstall the oil slinger", so two weekends of work went out the window as I broke everything down to access the timing set!



















At least I know things are in order, LOL, and there will be plenty of paint on the 460 by the time it gets installed!!




















I also rebuilt my AC idler pulley because the bearing seized up when I blasted it.
















I was surprised that the original bearing said JAPAN on it...













but I guess by the mid '70s things had already begun to move offshore.




















A bead of RTV to seal the outer cover back on and I will do a bit of beautification on the visible side to make it more appealing before spraying it satin black to match the other pulleys.

Next weekend, I plan on installing the engine mounts, rolling the engine over and touching up the top side before dropping the 460 into place.

Wish me luck.........

Until next time,

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: