1/4/16

details... part 23A

While I took the week off between Christmas and New Year's, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped to in getting the Tomato moved closer to the point of return to the crew at F3. However I did experience a severe learning curve at my first attempt at painting (the insides of) a car. What I guestimated would take me a day to do ended up taking all week because I really had not idea what the hell I was doing!

To back up a bit, the Saturday after Christmas I got the dust shields and caliper brackets mounted to the spindles....


















the muffler and tail pipe hangers reinstalled...

















and the rotors masked off and painted.

On Monday, I unmasked the rotors...



















painted the calipers...


















installed the new rubber bumper above the lift finger on the jack assembly...






















installed the power brake booster firewall bellows...


















and got the transmission crossmember painted...




I had a few excess cans of Eastwood Underhood Black aerosol and decided to use them for the first coat inside the trunk and interior before breaking out the spray gun. So the first thing I did on Tuesday morning was to mask off all the openings in the firewall and floor from the outside and then tacked the trunk and interior...





















shot the shifter hump location on the driveshaft tunnel with the underhood black...


















then hit the trunk with the first coat...

































before installing the shifter hump and shooting the inside of the firewall and floor transition.....




















With the spray bombs exhausted, it was time to break out the spray gun! I'll save THAT fiasco for our next installment....

Stay tuned!

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: