4/9/12

Almost there 2......

Well I got the roof skin and bracing wrapped up this weekend. Sandblasted the POR-15 off the roof pinchweld area then masked them off and shot the underside of the skin.


With the roof and bracing all painted and ready to go, I turned my attention to applying the new roof brace pads. Damn it's tough getting old because I didn't have my reading glasses with me on Friday, so I could not see the original staple holes to punch thru into the new pads, so I had to wait until Saturday to install them. But come Saturday and with my glasses on, I had the new pads installed in about an hour. I was VERY PLEASED with how they turned out. Really has the OEM look that I was after!



As you can see, I have the deck lid reinstalled in preparation for the guys from Far From Factory coming to pick up the Torino. I still need to drop the fuel tank and rehang the balance of the sheetmetal so they will have it all available to get everything aligned. It's getting closer and closer to the day when she's off to get her body massage!

More to come.....

ZEBRA 3 OUT

No comments: